Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Beau Coup Publishing ~ Author Spotlight Check these out!

The Gangster's Kiss

***Blurb***

John O’Malley’s sister is missing. All the clues of her disappearance lead to Hayward County, Wisconsin and the crooks and questionable sheriff that reside there. Pretending to be one of them, John takes a job as bodyguard for the sheriff’s beautiful sister, Grace. It seems like the perfect way to investigate their crimes and corruption, but when someone threatens to kill Grace, the job proves harder than he thought. Is she an innocent witness to a crime, or just as guilty as everyone else?

Grace Sullivan just wanted a normal life: find a good man, get married and have a family. She has had enough of looking the other way while her brother hides behind his sheriff’s badge to conduct shady dealings. Hiring a gangster named John to watch her is the final straw. When a face from the past threatens her life, she is forced to put her life in John’s hands, but as time goes on, all she really wants is to be in the gangster’s arms.


***Excerpt***

John slid into the shadows. He watched as the stout man threw a cigarette on the ground, snuffed it out with the toe of his shoe, and gave the fallen man a swift kick to the ribs. “When you’re done, go check out the action at Zelda’s. There are some new girls coming in tonight. Report back to me later.”
“Sure thing, boss.”The two thugs grabbed the unlucky man under the arms and dragged him in his direction. Without another glance, the big guy returned inside and slammed the door shut.
John hid further as they hauled the man past. He didn’t need this and didn’t need to get involved. It was his biggest flaw, but his mother praised him often for it, ‘a good soul will always help those in need, even when the battle seems unwinnable.’ He needed to stay out of trouble, save his money, and find his sister. He wasn’t a hero, one able to fight what looked to be like professional hit men. What if they had guns? He gazed at the stars, and searched for an answer, when the sound of a scuffle brought him back to Earth. The lone man was fighting back. John leaped from his hiding place. He had to help. It was two against one.
John grabbed the nearest guy from behind and spun him around. Pain shot from his knuckles to his elbow as they connected with the thug’s jaw. The impact shook him to his shoulder. His opponent stumbled and hit the ground with a thud. The man’s head connected with the concrete curb and he was down for the count. It was a lucky punch. John flexed his aching fingers and returned his attention to the other men.
The two struggled on the ground and were breathing hard. John grabbed the bully from behind, and with his already aching hand, hit him in the gut. This man wasn’t going down as easy and managed to throw a counter punch that had him seeing stars. He fell to the ground. His head was spinning. The man landed on his chest and his arm rose for another blow. Before he could brace for the second hit, the man was gone. The injured man on the ground had gotten the upper hand and smashed a bottle over his opponent’s head. He turned his attention on John, broken glass in hand.
John rolled to sitting and held his hands up in the air. “I’ve no quarrel with you.” The man with the bottle advanced. He tossed the bottle to the ground and held out his hand.
“Name’s Flynn. Mickey Flynn.” The man pulled John to his feet. Flynn was a large man with a firm grip. Mickey was at eye level of his six foot height and just as wide in the shoulders. He appeared out of place wearing glad rags in this neighborhood. The man must have been asking for a fight. A wide grin flashed on his face.
“John O’Malley.” He shook Flynn’s hand and brushed the dirt from his trousers. John bent to retrieve his favorite hat from the sidewalk. It was the last thing he had of his father’s. The wool, driving cap he always wore. A split second of melancholy twisted in his heart. It was none the worst for being in the scuffle and he adjusted it back on his head. 

***Excerpt***

“Grace, I have the seeds in that you ordered. Unfortunately, the fabric is not here yet.” The shopkeeper rattled on and on, but Grace kept her gaze on the young man by the car.
“Mrs. Kallstrom, do you know who that fella is? The one who’s fiddling with my brother’s car?” The older Norwegian woman waddled down the store aisle. She pushed her glasses up her nose and peered out the shop window.
“No. Afraid not. Could be one of those men from Illinois?” Her accent made it sound like ill-a-noise-ah. “Don’t know what this world is coming to. Gangsters
in Hayward County.” She made the sign of the cross and walked to the candy counter.
“I’ll be just a minute,” Grace called, as she walked out the door. An overhead bell jingled as she passed. “Boy! Get away from that car.” She hurried down the wooden steps. Her heels clicked on the wood sidewalk as she rushed to Daniel’s vehicle.
He stood. His height now blocked the sun and shadowed his face. This was no boy. She had to look up to see his face. Grace cupped her hand to her forehead in hopes of seeing him better. His eyes were hazel. His jaw was clean-shaven, but already forming a shadow of whiskers. A straight nose and full lips accented his handsome face. The man was dressed cleanly and neatly in a blue shirt with white stripes, a navy tie, and reddish brown vest and trousers. A matching suit coat lay carefully folded on the wheel of the car.
“I, uh, I beg your pardon, sir.” Grace swallowed as her eyes fell to watch him slowly rub his hands on a clean rag. Not one to be lost for words, she struggled to find her next one. Her heart fluttered faster and her palms started to sweat.
“John, I see you’ve met my lovely sister.” Her brother grabbed John’s shoulder from behind. “Ain’t she a beauty?” John nodded in greeting, but remained silent. “Grace, this here is John. I’ve hired him to help around here and the homestead. He’s a wiz with cars too.” John continued to stare at her as Daniel introduced them.
“Well then, I’ll leave you two to finish whatever you were doing and I’ll continue with my purchases. I will see you at dinner time.” It was rude, but she couldn’t help it. John was the second man to unnerve her in less than twenty-four hours, and she hoped the pattern would not continue. Her stride brought her quickly to the store and she slammed the door. The bell clanged.
“Ah, there you are. Is there something else I can help you with today, yah?” Mrs. Kallstrom always seemed to answer all her own questions with an affirmative.
“Yah,” Grace shook her head, “I mean, no. That will be all, please.” Why the young man unsettled her, she did not know. He didn’t seem dangerous, but he troubled her nonetheless. She unclenched her fists and reached for her coin purse.
Payment paid in full, Grace gathered her purchases and placed them in a basket. “Thank you, Mrs. Kallstrom, and please give my regards to Mr. Kallstrom.”
“Oh, yah. Have a nice day.” She accompanied Grace to the front of the store. “Will Mr. Sullivan be driving you home now?”
“No, I prefer to walk.” She reached for the door handle.
“Be careful of the gangsters.” The shopkeeper tossed out before continuing the lecture in Norwegian. A knot formed in her throat, as the man’s face from last night flashed before her eyes.
Grace risked a look in the direction of her brother. Maybe she should have him drive her home, but he was still engaged in a conversation with the new guy. Her brother may be the county sheriff, but she never knew if he was talking to one of the good guys or one of the bad, especially now. 


***Bio***

Ginger Ring is an eclectic, hat-loving Midwestern girl with a weakness for cheese, dark chocolate, and the Green Bay Packers. She loves reading, playing with her cats, watching great movies, and has a quirky sense of humor. Publishing a book has been a lifelong dream of hers and she is excited to share her romantic stories with you. Her heroines are classy, sassy and in search of love and adventure. When Ginger isn't tracking down old gangster haunts or stopping at historical landmarks, you can find her on the backwaters of the Mississippi River fishing with her husband.



Ginger’s hangouts
Amazon author page:
Webpage and blog:
Facebook writer page:
Twitter:
Pinterest:

September Tango

***Blurb***

Zoe always loved Calvin, who left Major, Alabama after high school and joined the military, never knowing her feelings. They are reunited five years later, and their passion runs hot. As Zoe's life is rocked with bombshells, Calvin leads the way, teaching Zoe to follow the rhythm of her heart


***Excerpt***

“Um, hi,” he said slowly. “I'm Calvin.”
“Yeah,” she answered. “I know who you are. Aside from not recognizing you at the airport and not piecing together the fact that this whole thing was for you, I've always known who you were.”
“Well, damn, I sound like an ass when you say it like that.” He rested his elbows on his knees and leaned forward, wondering if he’d already struck out.
“You kinda were an ass.” She began drawing X's in the sand with the tip of her flip-flop. “Even if it wasn't intentional, you were always being an ass to me.”
“I'm sorry,” Calvin said genuinely, his head dropping in shame.
“Ain't your fault. Next to Callie, I ain't much to look at.” Zoe sighed. “It was even worse in high school.”
He suddenly felt defensive, but kept his voice even. “I was a different guy in high school. I was still a kid, but I've grown up a lot in the last five years. I'm sorry, and you're wrong about not being much to look at.” His eyes were warm in the firelight.
“Don't sit here and lie to me to try to make me feel better, or whatever the hell it is you're trying to do.” She finally looked over at him in anger. “She's got everything every boy in this town wants, she's even as dumb as a damn log. Plus she's skinny as hell and has those damn blue eyes, and being pretty doesn't hurt matters.”
“Yeah, she's all of that, but she's got nothing I want.” Calvin looked back at her. “I feel
like a dumb ass now, you have no idea. You know what, forget her. I don't want somebody else's sloppy seconds. Speaking of her, shouldn't you be over there picking up the broken pieces of your best friend?”
“Screw that bitch,” Zoe growled.
“I see.” An awkward silence followed as the two of them locked eyes again. He wasn't sure at all what to do or what to say. Finally he murmured, “Did she screw you over too?”
A harsh laugh escaped Zoe’s lips, her mouth turning down into a grimace. “Yeah, if you call being boned by my boyfriend on the hood of his car in public screwing me over.” She pitched her red cup into the fire and it sizzled as it melted.
“Oh shit, then Layla wasn't lying.”
“Yeah, no.” She looked into the fire and was silent for a few minutes. Finally she peeked over at him. “You know, I really didn't recognize you at the airport. You look good, Cal. You always have, but I mean...you look good. I'm glad you’re home.”
He grinned bashfully and replied, “You look good too, Zoe, and I'm only home for two weeks.”
“Oh,” she said quietly. He noted the sadness in her voice. The pause became pregnant between them again.
He leaned over and murmured, “Hey, let's get the hell out of here.” Her chocolate eyes went dark. “Where you wanna go?” “Somewhere with you.” His shoulder brushed hers and she shivered. “I drove.” 


Amazon page: http://amzn.to/1jrtKw6






Playing With Fire

***Blurb***

Sexy Carter James is the man every girl wants, and he’s used to getting any woman he desires…until he meets the one girl who seems to be just out of his reach.
Beautiful Madison Stevens is trying to adjust to college and being on her own. When she meets Carter there is an instant explosive connection between them that they can’t deny. But Madison already has a boyfriend, Chris, who isn’t willing to share Madison with anyone, not even her friends.

Carter can sense there is something wrong with Madison and Chris’s relationship. But what is it? Carter wants to give Madison the strength to walk away from Chris once and for all, but he’s afraid he will he lose her in the process. Chris will not let her go easily, but Carter is ready to fight for the one woman who could mean everything to him.

"Chris was like fire. It was pretty to look at, but if you got too close you got burnt, and if it wasn’t controlled it would destroy everything in its path. Doing what I was about to do with Carter was dangerous, but what can I say? I never had parents to warn me not to play with fire."


***Excerpt***

Maddy stayed away from me for the next couple months. Every time I tried to get close to her, she'd run or duck into one of the classrooms. I tried to go out and have fun with my friends, but I couldn't shake this feeling. Even they noticed that something was up with me. I didn't understand why I couldn't shake her from my system.
"Carter, listen, we get that you like this girl, but it's like November; time to move on." Shawn was looking at me, but he just didn't get it.
None of us were really the relationship kind. We went out, had a good time and sometimes went home with girls, but hadn't ever been with someone long-term. It was killing me to know in my heart what was going on with her and not be able to help. The first day I met Maddy, she was smiling and had that adorable sundress on. But since then, all she wore were jeans and long sleeves, even when it was warm out. I knew that asshole was hurting her, but she wouldn't talk to me.
"Listen, I get what you're saying, but I know something isn't right and I'm not gonna give up on her. I know you guys don't get it, but she's the one. I've never felt this for any girl I met. She's been ignoring me for almost two months, but I still find myself looking for her everywhere. I find excuses in class to talk to her. You know me and I'm not one to chase girls, but even that one day of being around her changed that. She's different and I feel different whenever I'm around her, even when she's ignoring me."
Jason laughed at me. "Carter, you just met this girl! You don't even know her that well. Maybe you just need to get laid and get her out of your system."
That was what I would've done before, but it wasn't going to work this time. I'd tried to forget Maddy. I went home with girls, but I just wasn't interested.
I didn't know how to explain it to them, but in the couple hours I spent with Maddy, she got to me. I'd never met a girl like her, and I didn't want to let her go. I had a feeling that she wanted me too, but something was holding her back.

http://amzn.to/1lVpV7w


https://twitter.com/_alexisnoelle_

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7133378.Alexis_Noelle
amazon.com/author/alexisnoelle
https://www.facebook.com/authoralexisnoelle
*** Bio ***

Alexis Noelle lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her husband, three kids, and two dogs. On top a writing career, she is a full-time student and a full-time mom. She loves spending time with her kids, although she has to hide the computer from them when she is writing! She loves being active and being outdoors, especially if it involves any kind of shopping. She has always been passionate about writing. She loves to read romance books and feels like being able to lose yourself in a book is one of the more exciting aspects. The books she loves to read and write will be ones that make you feel for the characters. Alexis believes that you should have an opinion on every character in a book whether you love them, hate them, or think they are up to something. She also believes that the most important critic is your reader, so she loves to hear from the readers. She want her fans to be open & talk to her about what they want for the characters in the story, and what they would like to see happen. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlexisNoelleAuthor Twitter: https://twitter.com/_alexisnoelle_ Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7133378.Alexis_Noelle Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/alexisnoelle



Awake In Hell

***Blurb***

Meet Louise Patterson. She's dead.

She has been dead for a while. And she is in Hell. The foul-mouthed hero has a Hellacious adventure ahead of her. Not quite sure what will lay around the next corner, her journey is filled with demons, ghosts, dreams, magic, too many temp jobs, wardrobe malfunctions worthy of hell--and quite possibly redemption.



***Excerpt***

Here comes the part you’ve been waiting for, the part where I tell you how I got here. See, the note that is now sitting quietly in my pocket is screaming in my mind. Do I belong here? I can’t honestly say I know, without a doubt, that I deserved to go to Hell. However, I do know that I didn’t in any way, shape, or form earn a ticket to Heaven either. I didn’t do anything. And I don’t mean that as an indignant “I was framed” kind of defense. I mean I didn’t do anything with my time, with my talent, with my life. I was born Louise May Patterson. All things considered, I had a normal childhood and a very nice set of parents. I was in my mid-forties when I bit it, but I was still acting like a teenager. I lived at home with the aforementioned parents, or on the street, or with the occasional lover. I was always managing to never pay a single dime in rent, ate for free, and never reached the mentality of a true adult. I used to joke with Linda, back when she was still partying, that if I ever got a job she should shoot me in the head and put me out of my misery. We would laugh at all the “rats running the maze” every day, going to work at ‘o’dark thirty’ in the morning to try and screw the other rats out of the title of “assistant manager of paper clip requisitions”, or something equally meaningless. Wake up, rush through a cup of coffee, spend nine to five at a job they all hated, go home and go to bed just to do it again the next day. That was never me, and never would have been me. I mean, really, what’s the point?
So, every day was a holiday for me and those in my circle at the time. This circle I speak of was always changing. My “lost boys and girls”, because everyone else grew up and left me. It didn’t bother me much. They all thought they were smarter than me, and I knew I was smarter than all of them. I would move on just as they moved on. I’d take on the newly single, the addicts, the newcomers to town, the young ones... Occasionally I’d find a sugar daddy, usually a married one, to take me away from the small, one-horse town, where I grew up and still lived.
But I always came back. It might have been the charm of my home town that drew me back, but I sincerely doubt it. More likely, my adulterer and I just got bored with each other. I’d tell you the name of that town, where it is on a map, what great state it sits smack dab in the middle of, if it mattered. But it doesn’t. 



***Bio***

Helen Downing has aspired to be many things in life. An actress, a writer, a trophy wife, a publicist, and a bang up media sales executive. In reality, she's a chubby, middle-aged, twice-divorced battleaxe who is addicted to sci-fi and social networking. Please buy this book. It's her only chance of ever fulfilling her full potential, and possibly getting into heaven.


twitter @imtellinhelen


The Deadliest Secret

***Blurb***

In Washington State there is an island dedicated to housing the most violent offenders the system ever sentenced. Gwen, the prison psychologist deals with many on a daily basis and puts herself in constant danger. Her duty to her job is tested when one inmate crosses the line. Kody cannot stop himself, he is obsessed, he needs her, he wants her, and vows that he will have her. The body count rises around them, but when the secret she's held for so long comes to the surface will she be able to save those she loves? Will she even be able to save herself? The Deadliest Secret always has been hers, but will she survive it


***Excerpt***
 “Bring me more news, Warden?” Gwen tried to joke with the warden. He seemed to loosen a bit around her, and his smile was slow spreading, yet genuine.
“More deviants, the world has gone to shit but at least we can make a few bucks off these poor saps.” He chuckled, a low and throaty sound. “Gwen, I wish you wouldn’t insist on seeing these bastards when they’re riled from transport.”
She shook her head. “Scott, I’ll be fine. I take self-defense classes and the guards are posted right at the door. Nothing will happen, trust in me and in my history.”
“Still don’t like it. But here, we got some real winners coming this week,” he said, his disgust at the new tenants obvious.
“Oh, interesting ones?” She felt some excitement at the thought of new faces and new problems to help with.
“We have sick fucks coming in. One guy works for some mob or gang or something. He’s a murderer, rapist, all around five star piece of shit.” He caught himself and turned a light flush when he realized she was a lady and was just looking at him. “I ah shi...shoot, Gwen, forgive the language. They are some real messed up men, very violent offenders.”
Gwen had to laugh a little at how her boss was suddenly red faced and scrambling to correct his foul language.
“Don’t worry, Scott, I forgive the language,” she said softly, while reaching for the files he was handing over.
“They aren’t the full files on that McQueen guy, you don’t need to have nightmares from the pictures. I want extra guards posted at your door. I will order that tonight.” 
“Don’t, please. I don’t want any of them to get the satisfaction of thinking they scare me.” Gwen hated the idea of the men she worked with trying to always watch out for her more than they did each other just because she had breasts and a vagina.
Scott just looked at Gwen. He was going to have extra guards put at her door regardless of how much she objected to them. The guys coming in were dangerous no matter how much she wanted to ignore it or pretend they weren’t. They were killers and the newest batch were possibly some of the worst. He wondered where the world was heading to. This was not a good sign for the future.
“Gwen, I don’t like this,” Scott said to the young blonde woman he had come to respect the hell out of because she was tenacious and the only one who had balls enough to call him on his shit as well as take on the bastards in the prison.
“Then don’t think about it. This is my job, now go do yours so I can do mine.” She winked at her boss, making the situation just a bit lighter with a joke. She kept her gaze level and he shook his head before heading back to the door he came through.
“Just be careful, Gwen, you know you’re the heart of this place for a lot of us old fogies.” He looked back over his shoulder, then left.

http://amzn.to/1jQPvXr






***Bio***

Lauren is a Tacoma native who was able to grow up in the beautiful Puget Sound. She love to write. Lauren's favorite genres include romance, thrillers, suspense, and dark fantasy. She is currently continuing to work on her follow up projects and new series that are promised to tease and hook you from start to finish.


Club Imperial Consensual

******BLURB******

Book 1 in the Club Imperial Series


From the moment Nathaniel laid eyes on Emmy Westerly, he wanted her in his life. He would do anything to get her there and keep her there. To his surprise, Nathaniel found himself quickly pulled into Emmy’s dark world of whips and blindfolds, kink and submission. He was intrigued not only by the thrill of it, but by the enigma which led Emmy there as well.
Emmy could not resist Nathaniel Walsh. She couldn’t deny the electricity between them, the utter animal magnetism she felt for him. Emmy was mystified by someone as honest and uncomplicated as Nathaniel allowing her to lead him into the dark. She adored having him at the tip of her lash.
But Emmy had secrets - deep, cruel truths which led her to Club Imperial, and staying with Nathaniel would mean telling him everything. He wasn't ready for that.
Neither was she.
** Content Warning: Contains explicit content with BDSM, Erotica, and strong language. Not intended for all audiences. 18+ Audience


 *******Excerpt*******

“Consensual: A Club Imperial Novel, Book 1”
He followed Emmy down the hall to the kitchen, where he found her with her face pressed into the flowers, inhaling deeply. His blood pressure rose as he openly stared at her backside, shapely and firm in the gorgeous blue dress. It was all he could do to keep from walking up to her and cupping that incredible heart-shaped ass in his hands. She had put the two desserts on the breakfast bar, and her coat was tossed over the chair.
With a sigh, she stepped back from the flowers, but didn't turn around. “I never got flowers, ever, and now three times in the past three months.”
“I'll buy you flowers everyday if you want them,” Nathaniel said, walking up behind her and putting his hands on her arms, trailing up and down.
“They make me feel like...” Her voice drifted off. She turned and smiled at him. “Dessert?”
“Oh, yes,” he said. God, no. No. I want to strip you out of this dress, lay you on the couch and have you for dessert.
She walked around him, going to the fridge. “Wine?”
He turned and looked at her. “Actually, do you have a beer?”
She pursed her lips and sighed. “I do, but...”
“But what?”
“I don't have normal beer,” she said. “I don't drink macro-brewed piss water. It's Troeg's Flying Mouflan.”
His jaw dropped. “You know beers?” She nodded. “And you keep Troeg's in the house?”
“It's in rotation,” she said.
“Oh, dear God, marry me.” He laughed.
“I thought you liked wine?” Emmy asked.
“I like good wine just fine, but I'd rather have a beer when I'm not eating at exclusive restaurants,” he said. “I didn't peg you as the kind of woman who would enjoy beer.”
“A good beer can be just as complicated as a good wine,” she said, pulling out two bottles and putting them on the counter. “And you have to know how to pair the flavors and styles with the food. Troeg's is a great after-dinner beer.” She handed him the bottle opener and Nathaniel opened the two bottles as she turned to get the plates for the dessert.
He watched her lean up to grab the plates and her leg popped up off the ground. The shoes looked so incredible on her feet. She had lovely long legs and he found himself dreaming about licking them from her ankles to her pussy. He took a deep breath and stilled himself. Down. Down. Not yet.
She plated the fruit and chocolate desserts and joined him at the table. Looking around, she laughed. “I almost never eat here. I prefer the den.”
He stood from the stool. “Then let's eat there, if that's where you're more comfortable.”
“So agreeable. I like that.” She smiled and hopped back down, leading the way from the kitchen to the den where there was a coffee table for them to put their plates on. Emmy took the over-stuffed chair and with a private note of disappointment, Nathaniel sat on the love seat. She picked up a remote and turned on the sound system. An achingly gorgeous aria wafted out of the speakers, and it took Nathaniel a moment to place it.
“Ach, ich fühl's?” he asked.
“Very good,” she said. “I sang this at one of my recitals. This and Gretchen am Spinnrade are two of my favorite pieces.” She ate a piece of the confection with an unnerving grace.
“You sing too?” he asked. She nodded with her mouthful. “Dear God, Emmy. The cello and a voice?”
“It's not a good voice,” she said. “It's merely adequate.”
“If you can sing Papagena, I don't think you're merely adequate.”
“Well, no one seemed to agree with you.”
Again he could hear the bitterness in her voice, the sound of someone who had been always left behind and ignored by those around her. She had run a business where she had only been an admin for three days. That was not a woman who was incapable, or merely adequate. He cut off a piece of the dessert and chewed it thoughtfully for a minute, letting the voice from the aria fill the room.
“Oh, damn!” Emmy exclaimed. He looked over and found the latest forkful had cascaded down the front of her dress, leaving a huge chocolate and raspberry stain. “Oh, damn.” She put the plate on the table, and stood. “I have to change, I'm sorry.”
“No, no,” he said. “Go get it off before the raspberry sets.”
She walked out of the room to the bathroom just on the other side of the den. “I'm sorry,” she called.
“It's fine, Emmy,” he said, sitting back and taking a sip of the beer.
“I was...going to ask you about Imperial,” she called a moment later.
He shrugged, confused. “What about it?”
“Did you like it?”
“I think I was too pissed at Jillian to really care,” he said. “I saw some things that were intriguing, but...well, I have to consider my place in the community. Mostly, though, I was pissed at Jillian.” He paused. “It was a beautiful building on the inside. If I remember anything from that night, it was that woman...”
“You liked her?”
He shook his head. “What's not to like about leather and lace? But it was more than that. It was the way she walked across that floor, consumed with such fiery anger. She knew who she was and someone had crossed her. She took steps.” He took a sip of the beer. “The outfit was just the icing on the cake.” He took a quick bite of his dessert, and didn't want to think about that woman. She was an untouchable in a place he didn't want to make a habit. And was tainted by Jillian. He turned down his lip.
“Would you go back?” Emmy asked, the question floating down the hall.
“I don't think I will,” he said. “It was kind of a bad ending to a bad week.”
“Never?”
He paused, and looked at Emmy's dessert. “I can't say never,” he replied. “I don't want to think about it right now. It's probably a very nice place for an interesting distraction.”
“Do you remember what she looked like?” Emmy called.
What is going on here? “Emmy, don't tell me you want to go there.” She didn't answer right away and he could feel himself cringing. He heard a heel click on the wood flooring and then another, then two more. She stopped just out of view. “Please, don't tell me you want to go there,” he said.
“Well, no,” she said. “I was just thinking I could bring a bit of that here.”
She stepped out from behind the wall and Nathaniel dropped his fork loudly on to the plate.
“Fuck.” He gasped.
Emmy was wearing the same black silver-button-up boots, black lace and satin outfit, opera gloves and choker. Her hair was now up, and the only things missing were the whip and the crop.
He stared for a long minute, then rose and walked over to her, where she stood, arms folded, waiting for some sort of response from him. He looked straight into her eyes. “It was you. You were there.”
She nodded once. “It was me.”




Twitter @Mistress_KayR


Penalty Kill

*****Blurb***** 

Book 1 in the Memphis Mayhem Series

Becca Bramlett finished her Ph.D. and flew to Vegas to celebrate with a friend. She had no idea the Stanley Cup Championship was
 being played in Sin City or that the hotel where she’d be staying would be swamped with loud, obnoxious hockey players. One in particular caught her eye and irritated her beyond belief when he and his buddies decided to party in the hallway at 3 am. As soon as she confronted him, jabbing her finger into his sexy chest, she knew one touch would never be enough. And God, could the man touch! Nothing had prepared Becca for Axl or the hot weekend they’d spent together. What they did together in bed would be burned in her mind forever. But, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas – or so she thought….
Ten years later - Nick Hartijay’s team, the Memphis Mayhem, is poised to become media darlings, a success story of an underdog NHL team who makes it to the Cup. The only problem is - Nick’s temper is getting the better of him. With heavy fines and suspensions, it’s difficult to focus on his game. The team’s owner has a solution to the problem - bring in a fresh face, someone new to the hockey world that can help the team with their media image. Becca is that person.
As soon as Becca sets eyes on Nick, she realizes he’s THE ONE from so long ago, the guy who set her on fire and left her wanting more - Axl. Why does he pretend he doesn’t know her? Or was the weekend not as memorable for him as it was for her? Confused by her feelings, the new job, and the sexual longings running through her body, Becca knows the only way to keep her sanity is to stay away from the handsome blue-eyed coach. The only problem is - the harder she tries to stay away, the more she wants to end up in the penalty box with him!

*Content Warning: May content adult scenes and graphic content. Intended for 18+ Audience.


**Excerpt**

“You should choose a safe word,” Axl had said, his voice gravelly and very dangerous. It was their second night together, and she’d shared with him the night before how much she wanted to just hand over control of her life to someone else. That can be arranged, he’d smiled.
As he tied her hands and ankles to the bedposts, she wasn’t sure what she was getting herself into. “What’s a safe word?”
“I’m going to push you to your limits. Part of the fun is that you will say no and stop. I want to know when you really want me to stop and when you really mean no as opposed to when you are just in the moment. Does that make sense?” His face rested just above hers and she could tell he was serious.
She licked her lips. “What kind of word?” She’d never heard of anything like this before. Then again, she had never been tied to a bed before either.
“Something you wouldn’t ordinarily say during sex. Not Oh, God or That’s too big or anything like that.” She had giggled because both of those phrases were appropriate. “I won’t start until you think of something.”
She racked her brain and for the life of her couldn’t come up with anything that didn’t sound dirty. “Like any word?”
“Yes. Something you will remember and know to use when you’ve had enough.”
“And what happens when I say it?” She didn’t want the fun to stop just because she had second thoughts.
“I will give you a few minutes to be sure you really meant it. I will stop doing whatever I’m doing and let you think. If you want to keep going, you let me know. If not, then we try something else. It’s perfectly safe.”
“What if I’m on the verge of a climax and I say it?”
He kissed the tip of her nose. “Try not to say it if you’re that close.” He ran a finger down between her breasts then flattened his palm just below her ribcage. “Have you thought of anything?”
“Parlay?”
“Par-what?” He wrinkled his forehead.
“Parlay. It’s part of the Pirate’s Code. It means you have to give me temporary protection. You can’t abuse me on your ship.”
He laughed. “Pirate’s Code. Is every woman obsessed with pirates?”
She smiled. “As long as they are the right kind of pirates, then yes, we are. So, parlay.”







Unforgettable Hearts

*****Blurb*****
Continuing the Soul’s Desire Series with book 2 Unforgettable Hearts
Ellie Benton lost all contact with her childhood friend, Tyler Stuart, when she moved with her family to New York. For seven years she’d mourned the loss of the copper-haired boy whom she’d secretly admired her entire life. Saddened by the thought that he’d forgotten her, Ellie carried on with her life, but nothing could fill the void he’d left in her heart. When an unexpected trip reunited them after such a long time, Ellie found herself unable to resist the strong pull she felt toward him, nor control the feelings she’d fought so hard to keep at bay. Tyler’s initial coldness at the sight of her made her question if he’d ever cared about her, but soon she discovered things she’d never even dared dream of, secrets that turned her soul inside out and brought her more joy than she’d ever experienced. Tyler proved to be the man of her dreams, exactly how she’d imagined him. But, as they embarked on a passionate relationship—just when she thought she’d finally found her happiness—demons from their past and present threatened to separate them. Will their love overcome all the obstacles they have to face?


***Excerpt***
“Ayma! Ayma!” 
Even in my sleep I heard my mother calling me. I hoped she knew she’d just ruined a great dream. It was not every day I could get the guys from One Direction to fight over me. Hey, a girl could dream, couldn't she?
Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Ayma Kuntz. Go ahead, get it all out of your system. I’ve heard all of the comments before.
For those of you who don't get the innuendo of my name, my parents wanted to play a cruel joke on me or obviously didn't think this one through. My first name is Ayma—pronounced Ima—last name Kuntz, where the z is silent. Don't know why the z is put there in the first place, it’s so lame. Anyway, you get the picture, right?
Flashback to first day of public middle school:
I begged my mother to let me go to the public school. I went to private school all through elementary and just didn't fit in with all those kids. I was so excited when she finally gave in. I went to my first class and the teacher asked me my name. Of course, being from a highly prestigious elementary school we didn't use any kind of bad language or slang words. I proudly told her my name, Ayma Kuntz. Her eyes just about popped out of her head when I said that. The whole class burst into a laughing fit. This was so not how I wanted my first day of public school to be, so I took off running out the door. I didn't know where I was going, so I just stopped at the end of the hallway. A girl I didn't know, who was now my best friend, Tabby, came up to me to see if I was okay. She told me she was from the class I’d just left and asked me if I knew what everyone was laughing about. I shook my head no. I had no idea what they thought was so funny. So, Tabby went on to explain about the slang word for a girl's private part and how my name kinda sounds like 'I'm a cunt' when I said it.
Well, there went my whole existence at that school.

http://amzn.to/1rZNYln

***Bio***
Izzibella Beau is an author with Beau Coup LLC. She resides on a small farm with her husband and 31 children; 3 biological and 28 canine. Ms. Beau has a master degree in Criminal Justice and many graduate hours in the disciplines of social service and education. Ms. Beau is an advocate of animal rights and supports many rescue groups and causes.

http://www.pinterest.com/izzibellab/


Dark Secret

***Blurb***

Emma Blackwood is the epitome of ordinary. She’s from a small town where she excelled in school and just enjoyed hanging out with her friends. Wanting to escape from her ordinary life, she headed to a school in the city after graduation. But as soon as college was over, she found herself back in the same old routine. Normal. After a night on the town with her best friend, Kyle, Emma met a mysterious man. One small touch of his hand made her feel things she’d never experienced before. That one moment changed everything for Emma. ‘Normal’ was never going to be a word which would describe her again.

Micah Oliver didn’t grow up in a normal world. His mother, a witch, has passed on her powers to him. He has a gift, one that can sense when others, like him, are near. Finding Emma should be a blessing for him, someone who can understand his way of life. Or is it?

*****Excerpt*****

Spread your legs a little further,” he whispered into her ear. “Yes, like that.”
Micah’s hand slowly moved up and down her thigh, before tying her ankles down to the footboard with her wrists already bound to the headboard. “Please, I want this,” she begged. “I know you do, once you tell me all of your secrets, we can have a lot of fun together.” His voice sounded cold. So cold. He began to kiss her calf, moving up her leg. Her back began to arch as he teased her clit with his tongue. She cried out, feeling so close to losing herself. “I don’t know what secrets you want to know,” she moaned. “I saw what you did at the coffee shop, the thunder, it’s not just a coincidence. I know your secrets, Emma. But you need to tell me what you know.” “I don’t know!” “Emma, I want to be with you. We can be amazing together, but you have to admit what you are.” “What am I?” she moaned. “A witch.”




@msescamilla



**Bio**


Well what can I say, I have the typical "married to best friend, two kids (boy and girl) scenario", but I enjoy writing and love meeting people that enjoy my books! I started out writing contemporary romance, but recently dove into Paranormal Romance and love the endless ideas that begin to stream. I can't wait to show you what I have up my sleeve next.
http://izzibellabeau.beaucoupllc.com
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104994066972909479355/posts
https://www.facebook.com/izzibella.beau?ref=hl

Broken

*****Blurb*****
Start the Assumption Series with book 1 – Broken

A girl’s senior year in high school should be a special time. Ayma’s expectations are not very high. She is the daughter of a control-freak mother and a father who has been absent for the past three years. She is ridiculed by the popular kids in school because of her unfortunate name and the way she dresses. Although she’s nearly eighteen, her mother controls every aspect of her life, including what she wears, who her friends are and even what foods she is allowed to eat. The only bright spot in her life is her friend Tabby. Until she meets Colton.

Colton is unexpected. He’s gorgeous, popular – the guy all the girls want and the one all of the other guys want to be like. When he begins to pay attention to Ayma, she doesn’t know what to think. Things like this just don’t happen to girls like her. One obstacle after another is thrown into their path, but they can’t deny what they feel for one another. Their new-found love will be threatened by secrets from their past, challenges in their present and a future they can only dream about. Ayma struggles to find an identity apart from her mother’s controlling nature while Colton faces the results of an arrest that took place the summer before his tenth grade year.

Can they find love and happiness? Or will they be destroyed by events beyond their control?


***Excerpt***
“Ayma! Ayma!” 
Even in my sleep I heard my mother calling me. I hoped she knew she’d just ruined a great dream. It was not every day I could get the guys from One Direction to fight over me. Hey, a girl could dream, couldn't she?
Let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Ayma Kuntz. Go ahead, get it all out of your system. I’ve heard all of the comments before.
For those of you who don't get the innuendo of my name, my parents wanted to play a cruel joke on me or obviously didn't think this one through. My first name is Ayma—pronounced Ima—last name Kuntz, where the z is silent. Don't know why the z is put there in the first place, it’s so lame. Anyway, you get the picture, right?
Flashback to first day of public middle school:
I begged my mother to let me go to the public school. I went to private school all through elementary and just didn't fit in with all those kids. I was so excited when she finally gave in. I went to my first class and the teacher asked me my name. Of course, being from a highly prestigious elementary school we didn't use any kind of bad language or slang words. I proudly told her my name, Ayma Kuntz. Her eyes just about popped out of her head when I said that. The whole class burst into a laughing fit. This was so not how I wanted my first day of public school to be, so I took off running out the door. I didn't know where I was going, so I just stopped at the end of the hallway. A girl I didn't know, who was now my best friend, Tabby, came up to me to see if I was okay. She told me she was from the class I’d just left and asked me if I knew what everyone was laughing about. I shook my head no. I had no idea what they thought was so funny. So, Tabby went on to explain about the slang word for a girl's private part and how my name kinda sounds like 'I'm a cunt' when I said it.
Well, there went my whole existence at that school.

http://amzn.to/1rZNYln
***Bio***
Izzibella Beau is an author with Beau Coup LLC. She resides on a small farm with her husband and 31 children; 3 biological and 28 canine. Ms. Beau has a master degree in Criminal Justice and many graduate hours in the disciplines of social service and education. Ms. Beau is an advocate of animal rights and supports many rescue groups and causes.

http://www.pinterest.com/izzibellab/
http://izzibellabeau.beaucoupllc.com
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104994066972909479355/posts
https://www.facebook.com/izzibella.beau?ref=hl

3 comments: