Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Resistance (Bloodlines Book 3)

Resistance (Bloodlines, #3)


My name is Sawyer Crown, I own Bloodlines Tattoo Parlor, despise drama, and have a penchant for broken women. 


It's a habit I intend to kick. 



My arrangement with Clara had been simple. We slept together if and when we wanted too. We were always best friends first. We raised Allie together with love. Four years into it did people assume we were married- yes. Did people assume I was Allie's father- sure. Did I love every second of those assumptions- most definitely. 



Then my world exploded. 



Clara left me. Moved on. I'm supposed to too. I just haven’t figured the moving on part out quite yet. The heart wants what it wants right? Or maybe the mind want what it wants for the heart. All of those scenarios are bullsh*t though. Clara went for the gold. She carved out the happiness she needed, wanted. 



Now it’s my turn. 



Everything seemed to be going great until a crazy one night stand that changed my world.





4.5 Stars

So who else was devastated at the end of Bloodlines Book 2? And more curious than even to see how things go for Mags now known as Pepper. But even more than her we always wanted to see awesome and amazing Sawyer get his happily ever after.

Sawyer is in a dark place after losing Clara and he's not sure how to get out of his funk. He's happy she's happy and of course he still has Allie, but he wanted what Dom now has. Until a mysterious funky chick actually peaks his interest one night in a bar, and then she disappears.

This is Sawyers journey to happiness and it's not all sunshine and roses. He's dark and broody after the pain from losing Clara, but inside he's still the amazing great guy we fell in love with in book 1 of this series.

While this is told solely from Sawyers POV through him you see all the pain and anguish Pepper is still going through from her ordeal even if he doesn't know what happened to her.

Seeing these two not quite broken but maybe bent souls find each other and heal each other is quite the journey. After everything they have both been through all we wanted was to see them find their happiness and this is their story in doing just that.

Another great addition to this series and I can wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment