Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

In The Dark by Lila Rose

With love comes sacrifice and then pain.
Title: In the Dark
Author: Lila Rose
Genre: NA Paranormal Romance 
Cover Designer: Wrapped Pages
Release Date: March 29th
 Add to Goodreads
Mothers were supposed to love unconditionally. Mine didn't. In fact, she tried to kill me on my thirteenth birthday, when she saw just how different I was. My dad saved my life that night. He also took her away on an extended vacation, leaving me with an ever-absent uncle. 

Five years later, solitude was something I lived by. I had to because I was different and people tended not to cope well with the unusual. In fact, they hated me for it, were even scared of me because of it.

I thought I was meant to live alone, until Isaac Grey took notice of me. He changed my life, taught me I wasn't the only one who was different, and I didn't need to be alone. 

But with love comes sacrifice and then pain. Could I ever escape living in the dark?
iBooks 
Amazon: US I UK
4.5 Stars
Leila has always been different and those differences are what has driven everyone she has ever cared about away. When new boy Isaac ignores everyone but suddenly takes an interest in her will she finally not be alone anymore? Or will he and those with him leave her too?
Leila has been through so much pain because of the people around her treating her so horribly but she hasn't let that define her instead she's learned how to rise above it and ignore all the hateful words and stares. She is strong and smart with a good dose of sass mixed in.
Isaac is mysterious and when he shows her attention you just want it to be something good but being a guy of course sometimes he makes some stupid mistakes and it nearly ruins everything for them.
You enter into a new and interesting world and while certain things were explained well there were others I wish were explained a little bit better but overall you did get a good understanding of the different paranormal aspects in it.
There we're also so many characters that I absolutely loved and each one was well thought-out and it helped to truly become immersed in the story and this world.
This story is told solely from Leila's perspective so you learn things as she does and take the journey with her. Great read!
I was born in Brisbane Australia, my step-dad was in the Army which caused us to move around a lot. We finally settled in country Victoria, Australia. I am the youngest of four children and I can say that I was spoilt a bit. I drove my mum crazy when I refused to eat meat at a young age.

Now I live with my husband and two children, and I find myself regretting all the troubles I put my parents through because my monsters are just as picky as I was.

I started writing in 2013 and self-published the first of the Hawks MC Club series Holding Out. The next to follow was something different, I wrote Senseless Attraction, a YA novel. Soon, I was back to the Hawks series with number two Climbing Out. I have more to write in the series, but there will be also be more novels in the humorous erotica genre, like Left to Chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment